Hello Again

So it's been a while since my last post and true to the relationship cliche it would seem that I had temporarily misplaced my priorities to tend to those seeds. Well not completely. I've thought of posting every week and have even sat down a couple times to write but the process was difficult. The question that sat with me through out all my musings was just how much of my personal life did I really want to share on this platform. I found that the attempted posts were about what ever "issues" that may have been taking place in my own relationship and that obviously made me anxious. My posts have always been personal but now it felt like they would even be more so. A natural evolution a part of me thought, one can't be musing and talking about hypotheticals, theories and past relationships forever at some point some honest and public scrutiny on the present would naturally take place as well. My impulse was to want to protect this new thing. Protect it from unfair criticism and undue praise even. We all know a single moment or share doesn't define people and their relationships but how many of us have made biased judgements towards our friends and their relationships because of one or a handful of moments. Passing judgements is what people do and I didn't want to subject my relationship to more then its fair share of attention, negative or positive and so writing became hard. Even after my partner and I agreed to some guidelines I remained hesitant.

But why should I care what another may or may not think about my relationship some of you may ask.

I care because my relationship, our relationships are special things that we value. 
Imagine someone telling you chest of gold was in fact filled with lead. We want people to recognise even respect the value of our most precious things. I think we have all grown resilient in this regard because we've had to but to have someone co sign your happiness or the value of your precious thing is an incredible affirmation that we've learnt, some of us are still learning, to do without. A shame really, because as people we aspire to be such relatable and inspiring beings. We want people to see beauty where we see it and feel joy when we feel joy.

I care because it matters and because it matters I took a breath but now here I am ready to share, to laugh, to muse, to bitch and obviously to love.

Feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment