Allow me to reintroduce myself...



 At the beginning of every year I, along millions of other people in this spherical madness, take the time out to think about the person I am versus who I want to be. I look at what I have achieved and what I haven’t. I think that one of the most common experiences that we all share around the beginning of the year is the need for change. The new year brings with it the feeling of opportunity. It’s like there’s a universal resolve to be more and hopefully better in one way or another.
Come January, February and March, 1 year, 3 year and 5 year plans are considered. "New Year" resolutions are drawn up. Some people are resolute on change and some people just don’t bother.
It’s done. It’s cheesy.  It’s unnecessary. If it’s meant to be it will be. Whatever.
Well here’s an interesting fact for all:
People who make resolutions are 10 times more likely to achieve their goals then those who don’t. 
For me, it just goes to say that a considered life is the closest possible equivalent to a successful life. Sometimes, its hard to get to where we’d like to get and it can feel like its damn near impossible but one should by all means try and stay the course. Your commitment will invariably come with some kind of trade off which is why it is important to focus on what you stand to gain.
I recently read that commitment is about giving yourself a chance to feel how much you want what you want and that motivation is the result of the emotional connections we have to our goals and to our plans. 
Simply put, as you continue to strive to be the best that you can possibly be, remember that anything worth having will require some level of commitment but that which you strive to fulfill should also motivate you.  
So, what are your intentions for 2012?
This year I intend to enjoy the company of good friends, to cook for them, to eat with them, to probe and converse with them and share those experiences here, on this blog.
My desire is to feast on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment